Tuesday, April 12, 2005

What The????

Twice in as many days, I have lost what I would consider to be interesting blog entries. Let's try again.

Today I have spent much time attempting to console my eldest son. He has been dating a very nice girl since January. They spend quite a bit of time with her family at their home, which I suppose isn't unusual. Niah enjoys her parents, and even asked their permission to "date their family"...so they think highly of him as well. She attends #$% Christian High School and has invited him to their version of prom (which they call spring banquet, because prom is apparently too worldly...my guess is that board members saw "Never Been Kissed" or some other such teen movie and based their decision thusly). So Niah is going to prom with Julie. He is excited. Even has a haircut scheduled for the week of, and has been talking about the event a lot.

Or should I say was excited.

Here's what happened. Yesterday he went with Julie's mom to pick out a corsage for Julie, to make sure it would match her dress. He then called while they were out and asked if I'd mind if they went to look at tuxes. I said go ahead. He picked out a tux complete with ascot...thought he looked fab in it. Put down a deposit, and felt that he had accomplished much. Today I got a call from Julie's mom, stating haltingly that she felt really bad about this, and that she should have steered him in a different direction while at the tux shop, but once she got home, she looked up the tux he chose on the net and held Julie's dress up next to it, and just thought that the grey really didn't look good with the cream in her dress, and also the pinstripe would clash with the floral in the dress, and traditional black would just look the best she thinks. She called the tux shop, and found out that Niah wouldn't lose his deposit if he decided on changing the style and color of the tux. Wow. She went on to tell me that while #$% Christian folks have a reputation of being snooty and overly concerned about appearances, she wanted me to know that they weren't like that at all. Again, wow.

So I think Niah is going to go change his order for the tux.

He has an appointment to get his nose pierced tomorrow.

No comments: