Here's the thing I didn't mention yesterday. When Julie's mom called me to tell me that Julie wouldn't be able to hang out here until further notice, we talked about her appointment, how the Dr. is trying to rule out allergies,and how they've been struggling with Julie's health since the 5th grade. In my mind, I was thinking, "Who have I heard of that specializes in tough medical cases, I should get that name and pass it on to the Beerens." The physician I was thinking of was Dr. House. "House" is a freakin' tv show that Joe and I have gotten hooked on every Tuesday night at nine. How pathetic is that?
In other medical related news, a friend of mine is having elective surgery today. It is something that will improve her well-being, and self image. I arrived at their home this morning and her husband told me she was freaking out, I tried to be reassuring, but then they told me that a thirty-eight year old aquaintance of theirs had died yesterday during or shortly after getting a nose job at the same hospital. How do you respond to that? It was an unusual morning for me, as I had a time schedule to adhere to, by getting kids fed, making sure they brushed and were dressed in order to get to school on time. I even braided hair. The girls arrived on time at their respective schools, and it felt weird to just drop them off and drive away. Their toddler is still with me, waiting anxiously for Isaiah to awaken.
I've been contemplating sending Isaiah to school next year. I'm just not so sure.
I just dropped Niah off for a meeting. I waved at someone who was on those polio type crutches..what did I expect her to do? Wave back? I feel kind of silly.
I talked to a friend yesterday about how popping zits makes them go away, and she pointed out that sometimes the popping can make the zit worse. I have evidence of this fact today on my right cheekbone. I find it ironic that at almost 41, I have age spots yet still get acne. Perhaps my acne is actually rosecea. Maybe I should consult Dr. House.

1 comment:
tell julie to suck it up and deal.
i'm pretty sure that'll work.
and house is a good reason to sit on your ass for an hr.
Post a Comment