Well the wedding of the century, or should I say the octegenarian, and um...I don't know the word for someone in their seventies....(sectenarian, seventeriarium? I could look it up, but it really is not that important to me)is over and done with. It was a lovely service complete with sequins, a beautiful perogala (constructed by my amazing husband) hearing aides, grand piano, windjammer, and showtunes. My mom was beautiful. Jack was endearing, my sister's toast inspiring, and I am again amazed at the friendships God has placed in our lives. Do you know who photographed the grand event? Our friends, Pam and Andy Olson. Do you know who played the windjammer, made freakin' hershey kisses roses, decorated, and helped the caterer's clear tables? Mary Jo Katerberg. Do you know who helped transport and tear down aforementioned perogala, and rejected my daughter's request for a dance? Fred Katerberg. Our friends rock, and they are always there for the big events in our lives, like birthdays, Christmas, feeding lots of people from PUSH Physical Theatre in our back yard, and yes, even my mother's wedding. So I sigh with thankfulness, and a heart filled with gratitude. These friends teach me what it means to serve others.
The latest news in the travels of Johanna...she departed Gerald Ford International Airport this morning for Nashville without a hitch. When she arrived in Chicago, she quickly found the gate for her connecting flight, settled in confidently with a bottle of water and Steinbeck. Engrossed in her book, she wondered if she'd somehow missed the call to board, and then noticed that the gate for her flight had mysteriously changed. She ran frantically to the new gate, backpack jarring, book and bottle clutched to her chest (I am imagining this part) only to find that her flight had departed five minutes before, without The Persona aboard. So she is now in Chicago learning a life lesson, on standby status with a flight secured for seven tomorrow morning. I even tried calling the airline myself, playing the pleading momma, but to no avail. All flights today are overbooked. I will let you know the how the saga ends. One option is for her to call Isaiah and Elise if she's unable to get out today...I don't know how far West Chicago is from O'Hare but I do know that they love Johanna and if they are able to spend time with her they will.
In Niah news....he rocks. What can I say...tonight is the long anticipated sledding party with his fellow ballet students. The irony of that statement is that he is actually the only fellow, or was, until he invited two male friends to go along.
Isaiah is working on pulling a front upper tooth. It is a slow process because he doesn't want it to bleed. I traumatized him when I "helped" him with his first loose tooth. I know I erred in that split second decision to make that tooth go "click". Learn from my mistakes people.
Much love.

No comments:
Post a Comment