Monday, December 13, 2004

Beautiful Niah

It was a lovely weekend, one that consisted of volunteering at the Community Action House, dinner with family and friends, learning a new craft, and being amazed at my eldest son's beauty and grace as he danced in "The Promise". I watched him on stage bathed in orange lights as I sat in the darkened Knickerbocker theatre with tears rolling down my cheeks. No, it might not have been the perfect performance, but it was wonderful nonetheless. As I struggled with my emotions, the lyrics to a John Lennon song came to mind. I'll leave you with this..
JOHN LENNON lyrics - "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)"
Close your eyes,Have no fear,The monsters gone,He's on the run and your daddy's here,Beautiful,Beautiful, beautiful,Beautiful Boy,Before you go to sleep,Say a little prayer,Every day in every way,It's getting better and better,Beautiful,Beautiful, beautiful,Beautiful Boy,Out on the ocean sailing away,I can hardly wait,To see you to come of age,But I guess we'll both,Just have to be patient,Yes it's a long way to go,But in the meantime,Before you cross the street,Take my hand,Life is just what happens to you,While your busy making other plans,Beautiful,Beautiful, beautiful,Beautiful Boy,Darling,Darling, Darling.....(I must edit here)Niah.

No comments: