I just got off the phone with my beloved daughter. She has not left NY yet. This does not fit into my plans...not at all. Although I feel that God is teaching me more and more daily about her independence from me as a parent, and more and more about her reliance on Him as Father. I know I should be excited, and I am, most of the time. After all this is what we have worked for the last 18 years or so...for her to be able to function as an individual and trusting God with...well, herself. To see her as a young woman faced with all the challenges, opportunities, and excitement that adulthood is offering is something to behold. To not want to step in with my 40 cents worth, but watch her work through decisions, that I could never have handled with such aplomb and grace at her age, or even the age that I am now for that matter. I know she feels she's muddling through, but I see so much growth and maturity in her. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Johanna is this mother's role model.

No comments:
Post a Comment