Thursday, December 16, 2004

Johanna's Ordeal

I just got back from dropping Johanna off at the airport. She was "chosen" for the complete search. So all the packages she had wrapped were unwrapped, and her undergarments displayed for the world to see....at least it was a woman searching her bag. But wait! It gets better! When she had to go through the gate, she was also chosen to be, um, what's the word? Frisked. Yeah that's it, frisked. They do it all in the open air too! Picture incredibly modest Johanna....patted down real good for the world to see. Scandolous. She wasn't the only one either. Heightened security for the holiday season, I guess. It made me feel safer sending her off knowing that. I wonder if she felt that same appreciation. She is now safely in Cincinnati awaiting the plane for her final leg of this journey. And you know I had to ask her if they would search her again in Cincy.....told her you never know what someone could pick up in between flights. I stressed my poor daughter out. At least SHE didn't say that incredibly bad word.

No comments: