So our domicile is disarray due to the fact that we will be remodeling our kitchen. At this point our family PC is disconnected, but Johanna's is up and running in her room. So I asked (very politely) if I might use her mac to check my email, and AIM with some friends. No problem. Except for the fact that I am indeed a thoughtless individual. I don't know how to sign in as a different user, so I just put up what I thought was a very clear message stating that it was momma using Johanna's 'puter. I proceeded to have two conversations with people who knew it was me, and then a third started, and I just assumed that he knew it was I. We proceeded to have a conversation that I followed, never once thinking that he might think it was someone else to whom he was speaking. Need I mention that this person is someone J thinks quite highly of, and is enjoying opportunities to converse with him? Yeah.
Anyway, I found a post from him on another blog that I have, stating that he thought he was talking to her the whole time, but was confused, as much of the conversation was one that he had already had with my daughter. Sheesh. (Are you confused yet?) He said he was kind of suprised by the fact that Johanna referred to her father as Joe... I immediately went to his blog, to apologize....I felt kind of sick, and thought this is how people are lured on the internet...you NEVER know who you are really talking to, do you?! Anyhow it is all well and good. Confusion is gone, but I still feel stupit. I am never going on AIM again! Well, at least not today.

No comments:
Post a Comment