I've been on a cleaning frenzy of sorts...okay, maybe not frenzy. Frenzy indicates rapid, psychotic type of action. This cleaning has been more plodding, and methodical. Trying to sort through the plethora of stuff, we have collected throughout the almost twenty years of life together as the Bystrom family. While I have gotten rid of several boxes of books, including my Spanish notebook from high school (much to Johanna's dismay), there are some items I find myself unable to part with. Take for example, my penchant for saving items of clothing. I attach sentiment to certain articles (I can still remember what I was wearing the day I met Joe...sadly I can't remember what he wore, but I do remember the way my heart pounded at his smile...sigh). Today, piled upon my dining room table are freshly laundered baby clothes. A stack of pink and blue. A dress worn by a beautiful, brown eyed baby girl some 18+ years ago. I wanted to walk down memory lane with her this morning. So I showed it to her, oohing and ahhing over the cuteness of said article. So much for sentimentality. She stated, "I don't think it will fit me." Shot down in the throes of reminiscence. Excuse me while I go pack some stuff away for another eighteen years. But first maybe I'll go talk to Niah about the time he wore this teeny-tiny blue flannel shirt.....

1 comment:
ah yes...memories.
wish i could say more, but i got nothing.
Post a Comment