Thursday, February 09, 2006

Life is. It just is.

In times such as these.

Joe started his new job, yesterday. Went to pick up his last check from his old job, and was lectured on the importance of loyalty, and how he had disappointed his former employer who then told him he would not be receiving a final check, because the way he figured it, Joe had taken vacation days in January when he fell and hurt his back, but vacation days are only for loyal employees, so Joe owes him money.

Yeah.


Johanna is home, and has received the gift of a car from individuals who want to remain annonoymous. It is pretty snazzy, and she is overwhelmed.





I will not be watching the children I normally watch until further notice. Jon (their poppa) went into work Monday morning and was told that he was fired. He will be a stay at home poppa, reassing goals and what not as they try to navigate through this life change.

Found out last night that our next door neighbor had a heart attack, and this morning that our friend Riley's farmer father passed away unexpectedly.

Looking forward to a weekend of work, time spent in the arms of dear friends, coffee, tears, laughter, and Wallace with Grommit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo,

The car is beautiful. I read Johanna's blog and nearly teared up. You guys are so awesome. Please email me the details about Joe's new job, I hadn't heard about it. His old boss was such a jerk to Joe, I'm glad he got out. You know, Loyalty works BOTH ways. I'd love to call the ole fart and tell him that. Joe has too much loyalty the way I figure it...to his old boss anyway. Hope things are going okay for you guys..come over for coffee sometime.
Troy