There is a corporate dress code in the hospital. Individuals who are directly involved with patient care are to wear scrubs in corporate colors. Navy, khaki, burgundy, white, dark green, and purple. It is my manager's pet peeve when people don't comply with the standard colors. She thinks Sponge Bob and Scooby Doo scrub tops are appropriate when working on the peds floor, but not on the oncology med/surg floor. She likes people to look neat and professional, and would like to see each department color coded. For example; nurses wear navy blue scrubs, techs khaki, lab burgundy, ect. She feels this would cause less confusion within the patient population, because right now everybody who walks into the room is a nurse, because they are clothed in scrubs.
I would like to add a few additonal rules to the dress code if I may:
1. Male employees with bountiful chest hair, should wear either a crew neck scrub top, or a t-shirt under their v-neck scrub top. No one wants to be reminded of how much testosterone you have whilst you are emptying their bed pan.
2. Female employees should not wear hipster scrubs with their thong underwear. No one wants to be reminded of your feminity whilst you are emptying their foley catheter. (Unless of course George Castanza is the patient.)
In consideration of the patient population, I have put away my thongs. They were uncomfortable anyway.
Okay, I gotta go wax my chest and wash my Curious George scrub top before work today.

No comments:
Post a Comment