Conviction or guilt has been causing me heart pain.
We had a lovely holiday weekend, good times spent with good friends. Saturday night we decided to watch "Jimminy Glick in Lalawood". Intially, hilarity ensued, high pitched laughter erupted from everyone in the room; well everybody except me. I was smiling, but not really laughing. Not because I found anything terribly offensive, just didn't find it terribly funny.
The movie got raunchier and raunchier. We sat through it with our friend Mar, muting parts she thought were going to be more offensive than others. What surprised me is that the one person I never thought would, did. He got up and left the room. We all sat hoping against better judgement that it would become funny in an acceptable manner. It really didn't. Actually it absolutely didn't.
Today we talked to old friends from FL. These were our church friends, back in the day we would bind any spirits of divination after anthing remotely negative was spoken aloud. Our friends are still there, in the place that causes them to refer to all the ways the Lord is moving, in their lives, their church, and how they felt strongly the Lord is directing them. It was as if they were speaking a foreign language to me. I felt pained. Maybe not that I wasn't all about bringing what God is doing in our lives into every nuance of the conversation, but that I feel indifferent. Maybe not exactly indifferent, because if I truly were indifferent, I wouldn't have this gross feeling in the middle of me.

No comments:
Post a Comment