Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I'm tired and it's only day two.

Day two of corporate orientation. Gah, I'm tired. Computer lab just about put me over the edge of sleep after lunch. Warm room, in the depths of the building is not conducive to staying awake.

Safety issues were discussed, and we rounded out the day with diversity talks. I shared my story of course. You know the one where I took Niah's best friend to church, and we felt the gaze of what seemed like the entire congregation... his friend leaned in and whispered to me, "Everybody's staring at me cause' I'm black." I countered with "Oh, I thought they were staring at me cause' I'm fat."

We laughed ourselves silly at the time, but everybody tsked, tsked today and shot me looks of sympathy. Strange world we live in.

That's all I got. Maybe when I start wiping butts it'll get more interesting.

2 comments:

Kassianni said...

so thaaaaat's where you've been.
full-time work out of the house? life is busy, then, eh?

Anonymous said...

How 'bout a flippin' update...GOSH!