Monday, July 25, 2005

That Yucky Feeling

Do you know that feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach? The one that makes you want to cry, scream, curl up in a fetal position and vomit all at the same time? I have been struggling with just those feelings since I returned from Rochester. The big A. Anxiety. Things aren't always (actually rarely ever) idyllic in the life of us. Finances are bad, Joe's boss is being difficult("I don't consider anyone who works less than 60 hrs a week to be full time")which stresses Joe out, which stresses me out, which stresses Joe out. My relationship with my family isn't what I'd like it to be. My relationship with God isn't what I want it to be...so the scriptures about anxiety that I want to remind myself of, fall a bit flat. Not because I don't believe that they are true, but how can they be true for me, when I am such a screw up? Which causes me shame, which causes me to not want to go to God with my fears because I don't want to "use" Him. I mean I've read "boundaries", and "safe people"-I am not a safe person; even for God. I know, skewed thinking. And so there is the dirty little cycle of my psyche.

Thus that yucky feeling.

2 comments:

my alter ego said...

preach, sista.

preach.

Crystal Starr said...

Foppuz, I have had that yucky feeling many times. I hate it. I also have that feeling of why would God want to help a screw up like me. I know that he does though. I'll save you the bible verses because I know you already know the truth and are just in a hard place right now.

Thanks for sharing something so personal with us.

I'm too am praying for you.