Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Mediocrity

There is a sense of accomplishment in knowing there is a large pot of Mulligatawny set to cook slowly in the crockpot this morning. At 6:00 P.M. precisely (more or less) when Joe is turning off the shop's lights and locking the door, I'll be adding coconut milk to the pot and setting the rice to steam. When the lovely man walks through the door of his home, the savory smell of dinner will greet him.

If I were truly motivated maybe I'd clean up the house, sweeping away bird feathers, and gathering up the tissue that decorate each room from Isaiah's be-labored nose.

I used to instuct my children if they lost me whilst out and about to stay put and I would find them. So I will sit here with my cup of coffee and see if the motivation I've lost so early this day can find me.

1 comment:

pam steele said...

Like! Makes me want to smell Mulligatawny soup and wait with you for your motivation to arrive :)! So glad to know that someone else has days waiting for it!