Things can be so overwhelming. Sometimes I think I just want to play Zuma until Jesus comes back, but I don't think that would please anyone but me. I truly think after a while it wouldn't please me either.
A young friend of mine had this posted on her blog. Feel free to say "Uh-huh!" after every sentence; I did.
"We're living in a crazy mixed up world.
We're living in a nation where we preserve nature and kill babies.
We're smarter but not wiser.
We know more and understand less.
We go faster and end up no where.
We have the courage to conquer space but we can't conquer our own habits.
We preserve the whales and spotted owls and abuse our children.
Why?
There's a devil loose.
But I got gospel news.
There's a King that redeems!
A cross that bleeds!
A Spirit that fills!
A prayer that's heard and answered!"
I've been trying to be encouraged by listening to Christian radio (deal with it, tyler) I heard a pastor today say all those things that sound so pithy, but I know are true, like: "You see a problem, God sees a solution, you see your failures, God sees your potential." That should be encouraging to me right?
(I just got a phone call that was well, good news ...I'm encouraged. And I was going to piss and moan. God IS good, even when I'm an ass.)

2 comments:
Uh-huh!
It was nice seeing you at Jeff's birthday party!
xian radio? wow.
i agree with what you say. it's the pithyness i can't get past.
i want my salvation to be gritty and dirty and covered with mire. because that's what my life is like.
Post a Comment