Mimes. Many people hate them, but I have grown to love watching them perform. The way an illusion of action is presented, whether it be walking against the wind, or being stereo-typically trapped in a box. One knows what they are doing, without them really doing it...if they are a good mime, that is.
I 've been thinking of a comparison that was made between the way life is lived, and the art of mime. I find that I am going through the actions of life, rather than really living it. Afraid to take risks, hiding from consequences, and generally presenting to others what I want them to perceive as reality. It is painful to realize this about myself. It will be even more painful if I decide to take the mime make-up off.

1 comment:
beautiful.
love you.
p.s. that's why i don't like mime make-up. ; )
Post a Comment