We had a sweet calico kit ten....for three days. She was friendly and cuddly. The man that "gave" her to us because he is severly allergic wanted her back. It was oh so hard to give back the kit ten (say it like that, it sounds better) that we had named Armada, to the man and his son who entered our home calling in falsetto voices, "Lucky, Lucky, come here Lucky". The small creature hid. This man has his son part time, and "Lucky" is for his son. When he told his child that he had given it away because "Dad is allergic". The son cried, the dad relented. We have no sweet Armada. When he told me they were keeping said kit ten, this father handed me a box of clothes for my small son, that his son had outgrown. Nice gesture. They reek of cigarette smoke. I'm trying to wash them. Third washing. There is irony here somewhere, but I can't quite seem to grasp it. Is it the question, would he quit smoking if his son cried, "Daddy quit smoking?" Maybe that's it. I cried, but my son didn't. He's severely allergic.

No comments:
Post a Comment